Bareknuckle Poet Journal of Letters online has no schedule of publication. We publish whenever something interesting arrives. Our inbox is open all year round and we read all submissions as time allows. We receive a large number of submissions and do our best to reply to all received.
We favour the cutting edge over the blunt of the handle, the avant-garde over backward walking, the delinquent genius over genre. Our motto is: ‘Think Forward ~ Answer Back’, and we live by it.
⌘ SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
We invite submissions of the following for publication online and for possible inclusion in future edited collections and anthologies.
⇥ Please submit no more than five poems (Submissions in English language translation should include a copy of the original text)
- Short literary fiction/novel extracts
⇥ Novel extracts preferably should read as stand alone texts or entice us for possible serialisation
- Creative nonfiction/literary nonfiction/travel writing
- Interviews/Reviews ✪ [UPDATED GUIDELINES April 11 2018]
- Scholarly Articles/Research Papers/Grey Literature
- Gonzo/Investigative Journalism
- Visual Poetry
- Spoken Word/Video poems
- If your submission defies these categories or ‘genres’, left field hook us
✎ READ OUR STYLE GUIDE – Check individual category guidelines THEN go ahead
- We no longer accept postal submissions, however if you have a book you would like considered for review please contact us and we will provide a postal address.
You know the drill…independent journals never have any cash, yadda yadda. Trust us, we know the story, the editors have a huge list of publication credits without fair payment, and it pisses us off. Bareknuckle Poet is always endeavouring to find ways to pay writers and artists. Currently we are running the Bareknuckle T-Shirt campaign. Buy yourself a cool designer t (multiple choices of design/colour/style) and help us pay our writers!
All works published by Bareknuckle Poet are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)